Real Estate is not my job. It’s my life. Anybody can sell you a house. I will help you find a home.
Nick Wise is a lifetime Victoria resident born to be in real estate
Nick grew up in Oak Bay, attending SMUS and Oak Bay High. He then went to UVIC where he obtained a BSC in chemistry with a minor in mathematics. Nick worked in Vancouver at a benefits consulting firm after graduation, and when they decided to start a family they moved back to Victoria. In 2004 he joined the family mortgage brokerage business in which he maintains an active role. Upon the realization that much of his free time was spent at open houses and searching real estate listings, and after comments from several people that they would like Nick to help in their home search, Nick decided in 2011 to pursue his real estate as a career.
Nick joined Dockside Realty in the fall of 2011 under Sam and Sherrie Boyte. In 2013 he moved to Newport Realty in order to better serve his Victoria-based clientele.
Nick currently lives in Oak Bay with his wife and three young children.
Growing up he worked on family renovation projects and hasn’t stopped since. As such, he retains a deep understanding of how a house is built and how it works.
Nick knows the core Victoria neighbourhoods inside and out, from schools and shops to parks and beaches: when it comes to the city of Victoria there simply isn’t a substitute for his years of experience and expertise. Nick works to fundamentally understand the needs of the buyer and family, both realized and unrealized, now and in the future. Not just there for sale process, Nick is also an ongoing resource for improvement ideas, contact with trades, financial advice, etc.
The goal is to take pride in every transaction and making sure the client finds the right fit, for long term .
When it comes to purchasing a home there’s a lot to consider. I focus on these core elements as a framework to help you in the process:
- Focus on quality first and foremost
- Think about the resale before purchasing. To me, properties need to have broad & enduring appeal. I want a property to work for for you, the buyer, for the long haul
- I offer frank advice and strong opinions, because I believe in my approach
- I never apply pressure to you as the buyer: the time has to be right
- I work with you to maximize market appeal and value of your home, offer detailed suggestions, and can help bring in professionals as needed.
- I give frequent, clear and professional communication as feedback from buyers
- I utilize accurate and professional marketing techniques
- We should understand what the motivation for your sale is: if you are going through the stress, cost and effort of selling your home, you should be able to explain why you want to move
- I offer an analytical approach to establishing an appropriate property valuation